शिमला।नगर निगम के मेयर व डिप्टी मेयर व वामपंथी नेता संजय चौहान व टिकेंद्र पंवर ने प्रदेश चुनाव आयुक्त पार्थसारथी मित्रा को चिटठी लिख कर निगम चुनावों से पहले तैयार वोटर लिस्ट से मतदाताओं के नाम गायब कर देने पर सवाल उठाया हैं। चिटठी में उन्होंने लिखा हैं कि लिस्ट से आम मतदाताओं के नाम तो गायब हैं ही चुने हुए प्रतिनिधियों के नाम भी गायब हैं।
मुख्यमंत्री वीरभद्र सिंह के बेहद लाडले अफसर रहे पूर्व चीफ सेक्रेटरी पी मित्रा बतौर आईएएस अपने अधिकतर केरियर में विवादों में रहे हैं। रिटायरमेंट के बाद मुख्यमंत्री वीरभद्र सिंह ने उन्हें प्रदेश के मुख्य चुनाव आयुक्त के पद पर बिठा दिया हैं। ऐसे में अगर वामपंथियों की ओर से इस चिटठी में बताई गई खामियां सही हैं तो एक उनके साथ एक और विवाद खड़ा हो जाएगा।
देश में जहां मोदी सरकार पर इवीएम से चुनावों को हाइजैक करने के इल्जाम लग रहे हैं वहीं शिमला में वीरभद्र सिंह सरकार वोटर लिस्ट में हेरफेर कर भोरंज विधानसभा उप चुनाव में खोई साख को बचाने का प्रयास तो नहीं कर रही हैं, ये संदेह उठना लाजिमी हैं।अगर ऐसा नहीं हैं तो क्या वोटर लिस्ट में खामियां इन्हें बनाने के लिए जिम्मेदार अफसरों की असक्षमता की कहानी बयां कर रही हैं।
उधर,डीसी शिमला रोहन ठाकुर भी जूनियर अफसर हैं,उन्हें चुनाव कराने का ज्यादा अनुभव भी नहीं हैं। ये दीगर हैं कि वो मुख्यमंत्री के लाडले अफसर हैं।
वामपंथी नेता व मेयर व डिप्टी मेयर संजय चौहान व टिकेद्र पंवर ने पी मित्रा को लिखी चिटठी में जिस तरह की खामियां दर्शाई हैं वो हैरान करने वाली व शरारतपूर्ण भी लग रही हैं। मित्रा ऐसे में क्या गुल दिखाते हैं, ये देखना हैं।
ये रही मेयर व डिप्टी मेयर संजय चौहान व टिकेंद्र पंवर की ओर से प्रदेश चुनाव आयुक्त को लिखी ये सनसनीखेज खुलासे वाली चिटठी-:
Dear Sh P Mitra ji,
Hope this letter of ours finds you in good mood and health.
We are writing this letter to you both as the elected representatives of the city and as citizens who are completely perturbed the way and manner in which the electoral rolls for Shimla Municipal Corporation elections have been drawn. The rolls are a complete mess. More than half the population have been left out. Not more than 0.5% young voters find space in the rolls. Age group from 18 to 22 are completely missing. Seems no revision of the electoral rolls have been done.
Those who were less than 18 years during the last elections should have been incorporated but since no exercise in this regard has been done, this group is left out. Similarly, there is utter confusion over the boundaries of the wards and incorporation of the voters.
It is quite funny that not one but a large number of elected representatives are missed out and some are finding their place in other wards where they have never stayed in their lifetimes. We have done a cursory exercise, though it is difficult for both of us to go through the entire voter list and would like to present concrete cases from Kaithu, Totu, Majath and Summer hill wards which speaks about the generality of the methodology adopted and the procedure done for preparation of these electoral rolls. And as we have mentioned there is utter chaos and more chaos. Similar trend is found in other wards as well.
It is in this background that we want you to intervene and direct the electoral officer to conduct fresh survey and revision of the electoral rolls in the entire Municipal region. Appropriate time period of not less than one month should be given for this exercise.
Here are the concrete discrepancies: –
- In Majath ward which is number 7 and which has been carved out from Totu ward.
- 23 and 24 Surender Ramola reside in Boileauganj ward and is an employee of Indian Institute of Advanced Studies.
- 29 to over 50 such numbers all from Boileauganj ward .
- 69 already mentions the address as Kamna Devi which is in Boileauganj ward.
- 165 Haneef runs a shop near Boileauganj police station and resides there.
- 166 Naresh Sharma works in HP High Court resides next to Masjid Boileauganj. Hence wrong admission.
- Apparently all the 327 voters in this ward are not from Majath area but from Boileauganj ward. This Majath ward should have more than 2000 voters.
Note: – Hence it is not possible to carve a new ward without conducting door to door exercise which requires ample time . The entire list has to be shifted to another ward.
- Summer Hill ward No. 5.
- In 5/2 No 93 to 95 all of them reside in Bharari ward.
- There are over 5 girls hostel but just one finds place that too very few in number. Hostels like NBH 1,2,3 etc are not included. Similarly hostels like Gargi , Reneka etc are partially included. Surprisingly the list hardly contains voters less than 22 years of age.
- Totu ward No 6
- 6/1 SNo. 9 Sh Bhagwati Prasad Sharma is an advocate in HP High Court and president of the Bar association, resides in Kusumpti ward. Similarly, SNo 10 and 11.
- 121-123 Kusum Thakur happens to be the councillor in the present MC from Kusumpti ward. She too finds her place in Totu.
- 34 Dhara Saraswati works in Doordarshan Kendra and has her residence in Main Bazar Kusumpti.
- 158 KN Gupta died 10 years ago.
- SNo 467 to 471, the residents have left long back as their building was demolished .
- SNo 485 died long back.
- 6/2 Sno. 47 , 48 Madan Chauhan from Anji village Chotta Shimla. Quite clearly mentioned in the voter list as well . Still finds place in Totu.
- 84 , 85 Gaurav Sud , works in SJVNL lives in Vikasnagar.
- 6/3 SNo 17-33 all the residents are from CHakkar ward though clearly mentioned in the voters list. Still in Totu.
- SNo 105-105 from Ghora Chowki from Kachi Ghati ward. Mentioned in the voters list.
- 108-110 Reside near Tenzin hospital Kusumpti as mentioned in the voters list. Still in Totu.
- SNo 115-116 from Government Press colony which is in Chakkar ward, still in Totu.
- SNo 152 -153, 194 to 213 all From Majath ward.
- 246 to 270 all from Majath ward.
- SNo 325 Vidya Sagar retired from HPU from Majath ward.
- Sno 361 and his family Dr Mast Ram Sharma retired principal from Sanskrit college , prominent Congress leader from Majath ward.
- 419 Nitya Nand Sharma retired from HPU , Majath ward.
- SNo 424 -426 Kailash Verma , prominent journalist , Majath ward.
- SNo 671 Nirmala Chauhan present councillor from Totu ward but after delimitation in Majath ward. Still in Totu.
- 6/4 SNo. Subhash Chand press reported Doordarshan lives in Khalini.
- SNo 109 Prakash Chand from Majath ward.
- SNo 345 died 10 years ago and SNo 346 , 347 reside in Chandigarh since last 15 years ; press correspondent with The Tribue.
- Kaithu ward.
- 3/1 Prominent missing, Rakesh Singha ex MLA though his wife finds place. Tikender Singh Panwar, deputy Mayor.
- In Hotels over 300 workmen who were there in the previous list are missing.
- 3/2 SNo 26-66 all from Totu ward. Prominent amongst them SNo 41 Dibeshwari Sud, principal of Shishu Shiksha Niketan school Totu. SNo 27 Daleep Kumar brother of the councillor form Totu.
- 3/4 SNo 53 Pratap Singh Panwar from Chakkar area of Boileauganj ward.
- SNo 89-99 Chandla’s of Van Chum computers from Chakkar area.
- SNo 119 to 122 leading sports shop owner Amit Sports Totu.
- 124 Ramesh Chand Xen PWD Totu.
- 127 Harish Julka works in AG office resides in Lower Totu. In fact, the Radha Swami satsang takes place at his residence.
- 130 Chiranjee Lal Kashyap former MLA from Kusumpti lives in Totu.
- SNo 140 to 174 from Totu ward.
- SNo 176 Sanjay Gupta Executive Engineer with PWD Shimla circle lives in Chakkar.
- SNo 228 to 255 all from Lower Totu.
Dear Mitra ji, what we have been able to decipher is just a tip of the iceberg lying underneath. There is complete chaos and mess up with the electoral rolls. Hence we request you to intervene immediately so that the mess can be cleared and the onus of correction is not transferred onto the people. This is the job of the electoral officers.
It is in this background that we have written this letter to you for your intervention and direction to the district administration to conduct a fresh revision with ample time so that the spirit of democracy is not curtailed or rubbished by the electoral process. The people should not be led to lead a struggle to ensure that they are legitimately enrolled as voters which is their due and for which the electoral officers are paid from the public money to ensure that the process and procedure is done transparently.
Tikender Singh Panwar Sanjay Chauhan
Deputy Mayor Mayor.
Cc :- The Deputy Commissioner, Shimla.