शिमला।बिल के जरिए हिमाचल विधानसभा में अपने ही वेतन भतों कई गुना बढ़ाने के हिमाचल के 68 विधायकों के सामूहिक कृत्य का वामपंथी राजनीतिक दल माकपा ने कड़ा विरोध कर प्रदेश के राज्यपाल आचार्य देवव्रत से इस बिल को मंजूर न करने की मांग की है। माकपा ने राज्यपाल से कहा है कि वो इस बिल पर दस्तख्त न करे।
मीडिया से दूर रहने वाले माकपा के राज्य सचिव ओंकार शाद ने इस बावत राज्यपाल को एक चिटठी लिख कर कहा है कि इेकेपररखेकर्मचारियों,आउटसोर्स कर्मचारियों,पीटीए,कम्प्यूटर टीचरों की वेतन बढ़ाने की मांग को नहीं मांना जा रहा है। शोंगटौेंग बिजली प्रोजेक्ट में मजदूरों की तीन महीने की मजदूरी नहीं दी गई है।एचआरटीसी,बिजली बोर्ड समेत कई विभागों के रिटायर कर्मचारियों को पैंशन नहीं दी जा रही है।ऐसे में इन विधायकों की ओर से बिना बहस के एक बिल पास कर अपने वेतन व भतों को कई गुना बढ़ा देना पूरी तरह से गलत है।
आजादी के सेनानियों के बलिदान का हवाला देते हुए ओंकार शाद ने कहा कि अगर बलिदान देने की बात है तो विधायकों को भी देना चाहिए।विधायकों के बेतन भतों को बढ़ाने के लिए जनमत संग्रह किया जाना चाहिए ,जब जज अपने वेतन को नहीं बढ़ा सकते तो विधायक ये कैसे कर सकते ।शाद ने इसके लिए स्वायत संस्था का गठन करने की मांग करते हुए राज्यपाल से इस बिल पर साइन न करने की मांग की है।
राज्यपाल को माकपा के सचिव ओंकार शाद ने क्या लिखा है ,ये जानने के लिए यहां पढ़े पत्र-:
Subject: Not to give accent to the Bill enhancing the salary, allowances and perks of the members and ex-members of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha.
The Himachal Pradesh State Committee of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) is of the firm opinion that approval must be refused to the unjustified Bill which has been approved by the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha to hike the salary and allowances of Ministers, MLA’s and ex MLA’s.
We are expressing our views, as to why accent to the Bill needs to be refused. There is no denial under the democratic set up adopted by the country under the parliamentary system of democracy, the elected members of the house play a vital role to preserve, promote and strengthen democracy. They are required to frame policies for the welfare of the people and legislate laws in the interest of their people. Keeping in view the deep sacrifices made by the freedom fighters to whom we owe this freedom, democracy and parliamentary system of governance our elected members of the house are expected to be model for the people of the country.
The Communist Party of India (Marxist) is pained to note the manner in which the Bill to enhance the salary of the elected members was introduced and passed in the H. P. Vidhan Sabha. If the approval to the Bill will be given by you it would defeat the cause for which sacrifices were made by the freedom fighters to liberate this country from the clutches of the foreigners. The approach of the MLA’s to increase their salary cannot be a model of the elected members which was expected of them by the freedom fighters.
Our argument in this vital issue which is being debated amongst the people who have out rightly rejected this unreasonable hike, is stated below.
- It is shocking and surprising that in the entire sittings of the house there had been heated debates, discussions and walkouts. The treasury and opposition benches did not see eye to eye with each other throughout the session but when this Bill was introduced it seemed that both the ruling and opposition MLA’s where real brothers. This Bill was thus passed without any discussion. No logic has been given as to why such hefty hikes are required in the salary and allowances of the elected and former MLA’s.
- You are well aware the state is passing through a serious financial crises and the people of the state are asked from time to time to make sacrifices. We would like to know from the leader of both ruling and opposition parties are the members of the house above the people of the state, are they not required to make sacrifices, is this the kind of model that our freedom fighters had visualised of our elected members?
- That you are well aware the Mid-Day-Meal Workers gets an honorarium of Rs. 1000/- per month, the Anganwari Worker Rs 3300/- per month, contract workers, outsourced employees, PTA teachers, Computer teachers, etc have been raising the demand to provide them a living wage but on each occasion the Government refused to do so on one or another pretext. Then why should the salaries of the elected MLA’s be increased and that also by 100 percent. Is this logical? Is this justified? Is this the model we expected of our elected representatives?
- You are also aware, construction workers constructing the Shongton Karcham project are not being paid minimum wages declared by the Government, Hundred of workers have not been paid their earned wages since last three months. You also know retired employees of the HRTC, electricity and other departments are not getting their pensions. You also know the kissan is in debt, his crop is being destroyed by hailstorms and his plantation is being destroyed and cut by the forest department. Nothing is being done to resolve these burning issues of the people. But shamelessly the elected MLA’s without any difference between a Congress or a BJP MLA are increasing their salaries at the cost of the working people.
- A thorough debate be held in the house and outside before taking a decision to hike the salaries of the elected representatives.
- Carrying out a referendum amongst the people and based upon the opinion of the people should a decision by taken whether to hike the salaries or not if yes then how much?
- When Judges can not decide their own cases then why should the elected MLA’s be permitted to decide the increase in their salaries? An independent and autonomous body like the Election Commission, Regulatory Commission etc be constituted which should make proposals on the salaries of the elected representatives.
Secretary, CPI (M),
H.P. State Committee